Photo Credit: Wish.org

Photo Credit: Wish.org

Make A Wish©

May 11, 2016

Make A Wish© is a foundation that has been making kids wishes come true since April 1981. It all started on April 29th 1980 when Chris Greicius’s wish to be a police officer was granted. Then the question was raised by soon to be co-founder Frank Shankwitz, “Why can’t we do that for other ill children? Let them make a wish, and we’ll make it happen.” From this sprouted the organization known as Make A Wish©. A wish is granted approximately every 37 minutes. You can be granted a wish if you have a life threatening medical condition and have not been granted a wish by other wish granting organizations such as Dream Factory©, Kids Wish Network© etc. As of 2016, more than 270,000 wishes have been granted by the Make A Wish© foundation. While speaking with an anonymous Kalani student, I learned what an amazing time the Make A Wish© foundation had provided to this student. The student shared their experience, saying that, “It was the best trip I will ever take in my life”. This student wished to go to Germany to watch and meet the FC Bayern München soccer team. When the Make A Wish© foundation granted this student’s wish, they also took the student’s family with them. When they arrived in Germany, they were chauffeured to their hotel and were shown to their rooms by the manager of the hotel. They spent a total of 7 days in Germany. After the initial settling in, they explored the city of Munich. For 6 of the 7 days, they explored and learned the culture of the city. Then on the last day they watch the Bayern München’s play and got to meet their idols Mario Götze and Thomas Müller. They are the Center attacking midfielder and Striker of the FC Bayern München. This student had an overall great time. Make A Wish© is a great organization that continues to grant dreams and wishes.

http://wish.org/