Lifestyle Fair

January 27, 2016

The Lifestyle Fair is an event created in order to educate 4th and  5th graders on how to make healthier and better choices for themselves as they grow up. There were two schools at the fair Liholiho Elementary and Star of the Sea. There were a total of 124 students that came from the two schools.The students danced to zumba before going to the stations. There were a total of 6 stations at the Lifestyle Fair; The hand washing station, the nutrition station, the CPR station, the sun protection station, and finally the robotics station. Each of the stations took 20 minutes to go through. The hand washing/nutrition station were divided up into two 10 minute stations. The hand washing station demonstrated to the kids how to prevent germ contamination through washing hands which also included a glove activity that exhibited how important it is for people in the medical field to take off their gloves. The nutrition station consists of a trivia game where students have to guess the necessary amount of vegetables required to get the proper nutrients. The tennis courts were composed of two games, Fishy Fishy in the Sea and Hospital Tag that are supposed to get the kids active and exercising. The CPR station displayed how vital it is to know how to do CPR and administer first aid.The Sun Protection station showed students how important protecting your skin from the sun is and how the sun can affect your skin. The Robotics station taught the students how to build machines and the ability to think complexly.The volunteers came as early 6:00 to prep for the fair. The fair finished at 1:30.