Junior Kim Makes All-HI First-Team

Brison Kim. Photo by Shannon Lee 2018.

Brison Kim. Photo by Shannon Lee 2018.

Ka Leo Staff, Sports Writer

ScoringLive announced All-Hawaii honors for Hawai’i high school boys soccer March 25 and Kalani junior Brison Kim was named to the midfield first team. He was one of only two juniors in the state to receive top honors.

Kalani junior Brison Kim named to All-Hawaii First Team at the end of the 2018 Boys Soccer season. Photo by Shannon Lee 2018.

Kim was surprised and elated when he heard the news.

“I was stoked,” Kim said. “My mom called me and said, ‘Check ScoringLive.’ I went on Instagram first because they usually post it there and saw the eleven players and a Falcon symbol.”

His teammates Kalani seniors Wayne McClellan and Keoni Ichiyama made Second Team and junior Christopher Sigler made Third Team. Marc Anthony Cabrera, Noah Camacho, Sena Morimoto, and Jason Strambu were given Honorable Mentions.

The season officially ended for Kalani boys soccer at a March 28 ceremony at Honolulu Hale. The team received an award for winning the Oahu Interscholastic Association Division 1 title and Kalani Boys Basketball was honored for clinching the Division 2 OIA title.

In addition to athletic awards, many members in the community who helped to facilitate the season were also honored.

“It was cool to see the city council give out awards to so many different people in the community,” Kim said. “I didn’t realize they gave awards to bus drivers.”